ICO campaign – Lykke
Growth hacking campaign during ICO
Lykke Exchange is a blockchain technology enabled trading platform providing real-time liquidity, open and free access to all. Lykke Coins were made available during the Initial Coing Offering (ICO) that was taking place in Sept/Oct 2016.
what.digital supported Lykke during the ICO by using growth hacks and digital marketing to deliver the ICO message to the target audiences.
- Complicated product, immediately understood only by a small number of cryptocurrency experts
- ICO needs to reach a wider audience that requires more information in more understandable, non-technical language
- Time pressure to start the activity as the ICO was launching a couple of days
- Great design – We worked with our team consisting of a copywriter, instructional designer and creative designer to create a simplified pitch presentation for Lykke. We paid a careful attention to ensure we keep the wording simple, whilst explaining the complex product in an engaging and visually impactful way.
- Engagement – Once we published the pitch presentation on Slideshare we thought that there was something missing and we immediately added a professional voiceover, which not only made the content easier to consume – but also opened advertising opportunities on YouTube.
- Complete online coverage within the target audience – we pushed the ICO contents on all relevant sites, to include: Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter, both organically & paid. This way we were able to reach our target audience with relevant content.
Results and learnings
“I enjoy working with Luke and his team. They do, what is so rare in practice, they dive into the project and take responsibility. Thank you for your work.” – Richard Olsen, Founder & CEO
- Campaign reached 3M users interested in online trading
- Lykke Raised $1 Million at ICO
- Although the blockchain & cryptocurrency audiences are engaged, they were incredibly niche and in order to make the blockchain concepts available to a larger number of users, they need to be made more applicable & easily understood. This meant that we had to rapidly adjust the campaign targeting and messages to reach new users.
- We gathered valuable product insights in combination with target audience insights, helping Lykke with product development roadmap.